BOYS INSPIRING EACH OTHER TO KEEP DRAWING WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DRAW AND DRAWING IT HOWEVER THEY WANT TO DRAW WHATEVER IT IS THEY WANT TO DRAW

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HMC


For the last ten years that I have taught kids and run Drawing Time in Carlton North, I have been hassled by the kids to reveal my age to them. I have always answered that it would cost $100 to reveal my age. The secret has thus stayed with me for all these years, despite the many hand-drawn $100 notes that have been presented to me over the years....none of them I could accept despite their fine counterfeit potential.When I say $100, I mean the real McCoy. But I've always been impressed by the amazing designs and the effort taken to pursue this strange mission. Above is the latest design, presented by HMC in last week's session. It's so great, I was very nearly tempted to break my policy and swap my age secret for the note. Luckily I resisted his persistent offers, and the secret stays safe in my pocket. I do think that HMC's note is much nicer than the real one. I'm sure there will be a $500 or $1000 note one day, I'll suggest to HMC that he sends off his design ideas to the Reserve Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment